Grants awarded to successful organizations include:
- Micro-grant of up to EUR 3.000 in financial support per project
- IT and Advisory Services to support the startup of the Digital Whistleblowing Initiative
Services provided are:
- IT service platform setup, including configuration and customization assistance
- Training and strategic advisory service for the whistleblowing project design and setup
In order to be eligible for the Digital Whistleblowing Fund, you need to be:
- a small non-profit
- based in Europe
Ideal applications for this grant program are:
- Socially motivated, ideally supporting investigative journalism and human rights projects
- Have the potential for immediate impact and long-term sustainability
- Incorporate collaborative partnerships with other organizations and/or individuals whether internationally or in the applicant’s local social activism context
- Lead by a team with a heterogeneous mix of competences and approaches
- Have defined a plan with who will do what and how much time it is going to take
We particularly welcome applications explicitly endorsed/referred by one of the following coalitions or network members:
This first funding from OSIFE to startup the program is run in 3 thematic calls for projects in Europe. Only applications received before the deadline will be accepted. Applicants are expected to receive feedback within one month from the application deadline.
“Gender-based violence, the rights of minorities, migrants and refugees”.
“Anticorruption activism with a special mention for projects working on environmental and public health issues”.
For each round, there is a respective Jury depending on the theme. Jury members give a score for every application from 0 to 10. Every application is assigned an average score by the closing of the voting calculated based on all the received votes. The average scores are used to rank and select successful applications depending on the number of grants available for each round of funding.
All the Jury members can express a Veto on a proposal.